Talk Nerdy To Me...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I was talking to my friend today after watching the news story about the guy who fell overboard on a cruise ship. I've been on two cruises, and ever since the first one, falling overboard has been one of my biggest fears. Not many things give me the feeling of pure panic, but this sure as hell does. On the first cruise I was on, I walked up to the rail and looked over, just like everyone else, and it hit me that if I were be a half a foot further than I was, no one would ever find me. Not only would I be lost forever, more than likely, but can you imagine looking all around you and being able to see nothing but water and a ship sailing away? Not knowing what's around you? Being cold, and totally helpless? God... I get the willies just thinking about it again. Or! What about watching someone fall, or jump?

Don't get me wrong, the cruise it's self is great. I've been to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and New Orleans. This is a picture my ex boyfriend took while we were climbing a waterfall in Jamaica... shortly after, he got held up in the marketplace.

Let me tell you; we're holding hands for a reason. It was an interesting experience though.


http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

Biggest fears next to this one... I'd have to say snakes, and IV needles. How about you?

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a horrible way to go. I can't swim though, so it sounds even worse. I'd really hate to go in a fire though, you know??

-Greg

 
At 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a horrible way to go. I can't swim though, so it sounds even worse. I'd really hate to go in a fire though, you know??

-Greg

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Haha... you're so mean, Luke.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home