Talk Nerdy To Me...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm a little confused as to what to do with my last year of undergrad. I'm set on getting my degree from Benedictine University, I just can't decide what to get it in. I have 11 classes left until I can graduate. My current (newest) major is Management and Organizational Behavior. I have 4 classes left until I'm done with the requirements for that degree. However, I have not yet met my the 120 credit hour requirement, which means I need to take 6 "free elective" classes. I am taking one class, online, over the summer - Management and Labor Relations. After deciding on that I got to thinking that 6 classes is a lot, especially if I just take 6 random, GPA boosting, classes. So, after talking to many advisors, here are my options...

-Double majoring. Management - Organizational Behavior and Marketing.- Taking 6 random electives (classes that interest me or easy A's).

- Getting a minor. Most likely in Psychology. Or maybe Law, History, Communications...?

- Use the 6 classes and try to fit in as many classes in foreign language as I can. Either more French, or maybe learn some Spanish?

- Spend my last semester (Spring of 2008) studying abroad. Benedictine has partnerships with schools around the world. Copenhagen Business School (Denmark) and Strasbourg University (France) are the two that stick out to me the most. Studying abroad would really set me apart from other applicants while going after positions in business. It also shows that I'm flexible and have the upper hand in International Business. Plus, I'd get grants, so it wouldn't be anymore expensive.

Benedictine has many other partnerships in countries such as: Japan, India, Greece, Mexico, Ireland, China, Scotland, Australia, Spain, Korea, Italy and of course France and Denmark.

Just kind of thinking out loud. Comments are more than welcome.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, I wouldn't be able to see ya abroad. BUt that does sound cool. I know you will make the best decision.

 
At 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that you need to take the advice of someone who just pops onto your blog and leaves a comment, but I would seriously consider taking as much Spanish as you can. So many job ads listed in the paper say "bi-lingual preferred". It is the future of business in America.

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Thanks for the comment, Kat. I took 6 years of French throughout school, a lot of good that has done me. Maybe eventually I'll get the chance to use it, maybe not. Learning Spanish would be a great idea, I was always so against "giving in" to Spanish. However, you're right.I plan on taking some classes either during my last year of college or after.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home