Talk Nerdy To Me...

Monday, August 14, 2006

Take your girlfriend to work day...

My boyfriend and I both work with CD's. Only to him they mean "compact disks" and to me they mean "certificates of deposit." I went down to Chicago and saw where he goes every Sunday night. It was a lot of fun. We took a lot of pictures, I kind of learned how everything works, and what everything looks like.



















A couple times he had me start playing something he loaded in the system. Actually I had to do was press a button when he told me to... but that actually made me nervous. He went on-air while I was in the room too, that also made me nervous. It's dimly lighted in there, and when he speaks a big red light goes on that give the room a reddish glow. I felt like a lizard under a sun lamp, I got hot and nervous... and he was the one talking.


















I think he does great, and he loves it. But, that would be my worst nightmare having a job like that. I don't do well with things that are timed, and I don't do well with public speaking.

It was cool to see how all that stuff works, and cooler to see him do it. I'm happy with my number crunching and economic theory job. In fact, I think I'll bring him to the bank and show him how cool it is to show people how to do simple math.











2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He let you press buttons and everything still works?! Your guys pics are cute.

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger John Mc. said...

The first picture of Luke is the most realistic. Very good job capturing his "essence."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home