Talk Nerdy To Me...

Saturday, January 28, 2006


I want one of these....
<----------

Does that make me a total Dago, or what?

Speaking of Dago...

Black Dagos
Nationality: Italians
Believed that some Sicilians are part Black.
Me? Negro? Hmm.... I do enjoy basketball, and KFC...

Dago
Italians
Slang for Italian, originally coming from Spain. "Diego" was a common name in Italy at the time this slang was first used. See: Wop. Proud to be a Dago.

Geep
Italians
From Pinnochio's "father" Gestepo, who was Italian.
One of the few I haven't heard.

Grape-Stomper
Italians & French
They make wine.
Yep.

Guinea
Italians
Pronounced "gi-nee." Came from "Guinea Negro" and originally referred to any Black or any person of mixed ancestry. This dates back to the 1740's. By the 1890s it was being applied to Italians--almost certainly because they tend to have darker skin than Anglo-Saxons/Germans. By 1911 the term began being applied to Hispanics, although the reference to Italians is the most common.
My lips are kind of big...


Guido
Italians
Northern term referring to Italians who try to portray a mafia mentality. Feminine version is Guidette.
Lol, my brother's a Guido/Guinea! Love you Brandon ;)

Ragu
Italians
Spaghetti sauce.
Heard it.

Wop
Italians
High class Italian. Stands for "With Out Papers." Started when there was a big Italian emigration to the U.S., and many were coming in illegally (with out papers).
Get this one all the time. All the damn time.


http://gyral.blackshell.com/names.html

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

No kidding. The one quality I actually want. Should I have known all of this before, I could have marked that I was of African decent on my financial aid papers. Missed out on the two best factors of being black. Go figure.

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, and the "good" huge butt thing too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home