Talk Nerdy To Me...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I've been at my current job now for two months. I'm starting to really hate parts of it now. My still at my training locations now. I'm working, but I just haven't moved to the new location yet. I love the manager I have now, and I loath the one that I will be working for in a month or two. I've been working for two months now, like I said above, and have only gotten one check so far. When I call to inquire about my money I get "we're doing the best we can, don't worry about it". Don't worry about it? Ok, then don't worry about how I'm working, because I'll do my job just like you do yours. I got so mad on Monday when everyone else got paid, and I didn't, again.

I had a customer come in and hand me checks from Canada. He wanted them put into his account as cash (to avoid a hold). Ok, first of all. These are not cash, they are checks, so I can't put them into his account as "cash." Second, these checks are from another country. The routing numbers from Canada and the US don't work with one another. He just didn't get it, then threatened to close his accounts. I was looking over everything just to make sure, and I could feel him looking at my eyes as I was reading the screen. I was getting really mad, and he didn't get it, so I went to get the manager. She was in her office looking at a magazine. It was 6:05 and he was off at 6. Since she was just sitting there, and she's a manager, I asked her to come talk to this guy. She told me no, and to handle it. I got pist, and she knew it. What kind of manager is that? So I went back out and had to call the assistant manager (the one I actually like) on his day off. Which, I think is total crap.

Then after all that with that over (actually it wasn't really over, I just told him to leave). If a manger is there, but no manager is on the clock to deal with problems, they can deal with it later... by then he'll be even more pist off. Anyway, there was a guy waiting in line while I was trying to help the first guy. This second guy was waiting for only about 3 minutes. When the first guy left the second one walks right up to me and throws his stuff at me and goes "this is simple, do you think you can handle it?" I saw red, couldn't deal with it. I picked up his papers, did what I had to do, and as I was going to go give him back his other papers... he rips them out of my hand and goes "are these mine?" I replied, "yeah, get out of my line." Skinny little bastard, I wasn't in the mood to deal with you.

I've already screwed myself over by standing up for myself. I already get the vibe that my new managers aren't as fond of me as they once were because I'll go to them when something's not right. Its actually not like me to go up to someone when I feel like I'm getting screwed, but when this financial institution won't take the time to make sure I'm paid, I feel like standing up for myself.So, this may not be for me. But, customer service isn't really for anyone...All I can hope for is to graduate college with a good job. I'm still really leaning towards insurance. And no, not an insurance sales. I'm talking more about underwriting or claims manager. Setting the rates for people or companies, or dealing with problems with the insurance company. An Actuary sounds right up my alley, seriously. I could do with making that kind of money too.

Joke #6 of "What is an Actuary" on aol job descriptions:
Definition of a computer: An actuary with a heart.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM , Blogger John Mc. said...

Wow. You and Luke have something else in common. You both can now go home and bitch about dumbass customers! This will only bring you two closer together... or closer to the brink!

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Lol, it actually has brought us a little closer. We share horrible stories just before bed every night. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home