Talk Nerdy To Me...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Not a whole lot going on. I've been at my "new" job for about a month now. I have to go downtown to do some training on Friday and Monday... not looking forward to that. That's funny because I always use to want to work downtown. Take the train every day, carry the briefcase, have an office on some floor that would require me to take an elevator. That all seemed like it would be great, until I realized that I want to get in, out, and home as soon as humanly possible.

I have an interview for a second/summer job on Saturday. It's nothing major, but it might be cool. Any extra money is a plus, as always. If I get this job I figure I'll start paying off my student loans, which I've yet to incur, and pad my savings. It might actually get me to get serious about the gym again too. I've still been seeing a lower number every time I get on the scale... somehow. I'm probably just losing muscle, but I don't feel that out of shape again, yet.


But speaking job wise, I refuse to work weekends and to take too much shit at this point. I'm part time, in school, and whatever I'm doing now is not my career. When I graduate I'll give more of myself and take more corporate bullying. But for now, like my grandpa said to me: "If you had any hair on your ass, you’d tell them they don’t get exclusivity for a pittance."

6 Comments:

At 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right, don't let them push you around. You don't need it while you're part-time and in school especially. I'm still working on my thing we talked about.......... I'll do it.....

Love you

 
At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Grandpa realy knows what he is talking about. School is the most important, not a job that might not matter as much to you when you graduate. Plus, no matter what anyone else says, you need a life beyond work and school.

 
At 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps! Typo in the first line of my previous comment. I meant to say "really". Sometimes those keys just get away from me.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Thank you anonymous :)

I guess I'd just like to think that what I'm doing now is important. But, it's really not. All I need now is money for gas, food, school, and some fun.

My hope for when I graduate is to make my current savings account statement look like a paycheck stub.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Oh and thank you baby brother, you're sweet.

Love ya too.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger John Mc. said...

You have hair on yer ass?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home