Talk Nerdy To Me...

Thursday, July 20, 2006


My car is in the shop, again. I went to Discount Tire to get new wheels and tires on Tuesday. They had trouble getting my back wheels off, so they just gave me the other two wheels and tires and basically told me to go elsewhere. So, I've been driving my car to my boyfriends house, work, and school for the past couple days. I was driving my car to my dad's friend's shop today to get the other wheels on, and my tire came off. I finally get to the shop and it was discovered that when I left Discount Tire, they only put one lug nut on the back wheel. One lug nut, when that particular wheel called for five. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. So, I have no car tonight, or tomorrow. I hope it'll be fixed for the weekend.

This is what happens when a wheel comes off of the front of a car. A wheel coming off the back is actually worse, and as you can imagine, fairly dangerous. Good thing I wasn't on a highway.

I'd like to thank Rich from Royal Coach, he's a really great guy!

5 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Is that your car in the photo?!? How scary! Glad that you are ok, and I hope that your car isn't damaged as badly as it appears in that pic. Hope that you can get some type of compensation from Discount Tire. You were lucky (only cuz it could have been much,much worse), and it sounds like your tire falling off was 100% their fault. I'm not much for lawsuits, but GO GET 'EM!! You could have been really hurt.

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

No, that's not my car in the pictue. I got that off of google. My car wasn't too bad, and it's fixed now. But it could have really been bad if the wheel came off while I was on a busy road or a tollway. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet...

That's the kind of luck I have with this car.

 
At 6:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that wasn't your car! I had a bad luck car, too. Had it back when I was in college. What is it about college, cars, and bad luck? Anyway, glad that your car is back on the road. And I hope that you get something from that tire store.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger John Mc. said...

I watched my rear wheel fall off. Having a convertable, the guy said that doing 70 while this happened, would have been garunteed death.
Instead it just killed my bank account putting the new wheel and crap on.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Argh, I know what you mean, John. But I actually got a credit out of the deal, because it was their fault. If it were to have fallen off when I was going 70, I'm sure I would have had a pretty nice lawsuit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home