Talk Nerdy To Me...

Thursday, April 06, 2006












Fire Doug, hire Matt and Joe... or "the Bobs" (you've seen Office Space.) I applied for this marketing position within my company. Joe, HR director, pulled me in his office after hours and told me I'd be great, but... we need someone with a degree. Fine. I get an email today about Sara, our new marketing rep. It says that she has extensive experience in marketing. Really? Extensive? Isn't she in her early 20's? And she has a degree! "Sara holds a degree in Business Administration." No, she doesn't. What she holds is a online, 30 credit hour, associates degree in computer design. I know how to use google, assholes.

Why didn't they consider the two people who applied within? Because it's harder to train someone for our positions than it is this one. So much for growth within the company.


Oh, and I just wrote this blog on company time. Woops.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, man.

Ashley, if you just give in and start blowing Doc, I'm sure he'll make you CFO!!

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

...I think I'm going to vomit...

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger John Mc. said...

"What she holds is a online, 30 credit hour, associates degree in computer design. I know how to use google, assholes." You crack my ass up! You've been hanging out with Luke way too much. Sounds like something he would type!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home