Talk Nerdy To Me...

Monday, April 03, 2006

I've been looking at art on art.com today. Yeah, I'd much rather go to the Art Institute but its almost 11 on Monday night. I was wanted to put my two favorite paintings up. The first is one by Edward Hopper,called Nighthawks. It just seems like there's some great story behind this painting, even though its so simple. I saw an episode of That 70's Show where they incorporated this picture into the last shot. I thought that was pretty interesting. My other favorite is Rainy Day In Paris, by Gustave Caillebotte. Caillebotte is my favorite artist. I studied French for 6 years, and during that time studied French art. You can click on the pictures for more information about each painting. Both of these are actually in Chicago. I got to see Rainy Day the only time I went to the Institute freshman year. It's huge. Wish I could go back. About three years ago I drew Rainy Day to scale on my bedroom wall. I started to paint it, then realized how much money I was going to be spending in paint. I have pictures somewhere, I should dig those out. How about you, any favorites?

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Looking forward to it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home